Thursday, July 14, 2005

UP UP AND AWAY!

What a beautiful day at the beach! There are clouds in the sky but the air and water are warm.

I finally got around to lunch at 2PM. I checked the market and my families aggressive account is up 2.5%! This aggressive account owns airline, internet, tech and other stocks. Gains in AMR and CAL are mounting up. Crude oil is down 2.31 per barrel! Inflation numbers this morning were fantastic.

As one might guess, I added to AWA this morning and all my other airline stocks are up on the day. One can never tell exactly which stock will perform well in the short run but the airline industry has cut cost and while increasing revenue seat miles. Most any business does well after it cuts costs and increases revenues. The airlines have high operating leverage which means that after break even is reached most of the marginal revenue is profit.

In a retirement account, I purchased Ford one day last week. This market is in BULL mode so I want to participate in every way I can.

BUY THE BULL! THE MARKET IS PAUSING MID DAY AFTER A GREAT RUN! SHORT TERM--WHO KNOWS WHAT WILL HAPPEN--LONG TERM STOCKS GO UP!

0 comments: