Thursday, March 24, 2005

Net Stocks: Plaxo pushes for-pay services - Internet Services - Electronic commerce - Internet - Analyst - M&A

Net Stocks: Plaxo pushes for-pay services - Internet Services - Electronic commerce - Internet - Analyst - M&A

As a Plaxo user, I report that I love the service. However, I have stalled my usage as I wait for the full roll-out of Gmail. I have a Gmail account but do not use it much. I believe the full featured Gmail account may make Plaxo unnecessary.

I am speculating. I have no "insider" information. I simply know that I like Plaxo very much but am not likely to pay a fee to use it at this time. Plaxo has a difficult challenge to face. The system ties into the MSFT Outlook product very neatly. It is a wonderful improvement over the Outlook program. The day will come when one never needs to update ones address book as it will automatically be updated by friends and associates. Will Plaxo be one of the leaders? Will services such as Yahoo Mail and Gmail not develop their own similar services?

0 comments: